epoxy brand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yaksplat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there any type of epoxy that will work well for attaching a frag to lr underwater? I'm hoping to just get something from HD. JBweld?

thanks
Jim

I haven't heard of Zspar, but I have used aquastick a couple times and I think it stinks. I will have to pick up some of the Zspar and see about reattaching some pieces of my own.

I actually use superglue gel (loktite brand) more than anything, it's been a few years since I've used any epoxy, much less a specific brand, but I doubt they went out of business.

I posted yesterday about some acro frags I affixed with aquastick. The second part of the story is that I forgot to unplug my skimmer. Luckily I was working on the tank and got sidetracked. The point is that I had the collection cup drain on my EV-120 going into a 5 gallon bucket. When I checked back 6 hours later the bucket had just started to overflow! When it says "may cause prolific skimmer reactions" thats the truth!

yep, the gel type is the better of the two. It takes more and longer to get a temp set and the bond isn't the strongest, but works. Epoxy and superglue both thave their uses, it's usually best to have both on hand.

Back
Top Bottom