Equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbroder3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Magnum 350 Cannister Filter and a Coralife Lightning System.
I spent a good chunk of money on them and I would like to get some opinions about them. The light has 4 tubes and in addition 4 lunar lights.
I'm a true beginner and I'm taking this hobby day by day, Im loving it.

I'd also like advice to see if I'm moving in the right direction.

Hopefully my signature describes my set up, I hope to get a picture up soon.

Thanks for the advice.

[/b][/code]

Good filter and good lights. I have almost no reported problems wiuth coralife products. You may want to look into protein skimmers now. A good hang on tank skimmer is the AquaC remora.

What are you trying to setup here? The Coralife fixtures are good, what kind of bulbs are in it?

I guess FOWLR. Does that mean I cannot have any corals? Im not sure what I can and cannot do. If someone could give some direction, I'd appreciate it.
Im interested in eels and lionfish.

How much do protien skimmers run? What do they actually do?

from what i know you are really not supposed to have more than one one Anenome especially in a tank that small. I made the mistake of having two, and the larger one killed the smaller one. I'd turn out the light, and then they'd move over the tank, and next thing one would be on top of the other stinging it........just make sure you keep them well fed, or they will go wandering

A protein skimmer removes disolved proteins and other organics from the water. The Aqua C remora is $163.95. They function by producing micro bubbles in a reaction chamber. The bubbles mix with the water and attract the organics. The bubbles rise to the top and produce a foam which collects in a cup. The liquid in the cup is usually green to dark brown. Most hobbiests agree that a skimmer is almost mandatory for a marine tank.

It depends if you want corals. With most eels and lionfish corals and inverts wouldn't be a good idea. Take a look at some of the corals out there you might change your mind. Ultimately it is up to you but whatever you choose be it fowlr or fo or full reef do your research and take some time it will help you in the end. As far as more than one anemone in a tank it all depends on what kind you want. I see in your sig that a sebae and a condy. I believe that condy's are more agressive so that might not be a good plan. If you have them separated and they seem to be where they will stay then you will probably be o.k. If they have clownfish hosting then they are more likely to stay put. Many aquarists have kept more than one anemone with success.

Back
Top Bottom