Equipments At A Glance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

claw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I plan to start a 20-30 gallon saltwater tank, to first have some corals then some nemos maybe :p Now, I may doing a lot of readings, but I feel something is missing in most articles, all are about knowledge, which are not practical enough. So I wonder if you guys can briefly list the equipments that I need to get to set up a tank like that, and the brand and spec of the equipment that is appropriate for this setup from your experience. I still think experience is the best piece of information.
Thankyou.

I have a 36 gallon reef setup with a penguin 330 and a prism skimmer (bad choice on skimmer) i use JBJ Power Compact lighting, and am able to keep most of what i want. i also bought a few power heads for water movement, but otherwise thats it for lighting and filtration. I dont know of a good skimmer u could use, i havent been around fish for awhile know cause i been living away from my tank so maybe someone else can hit u up on that.

A CPR bak-pak would be a good skimmer for that size tank. Depending on the corals you want, you'll have to make sure you purchase enough lighting.

I need more info please, any experts? please. I find it is so hard to find info on saltwater tank.

Tank 20-30 gal (any recommend on height or width or brand?) for corals and fish.
filter (cannister or HOB is better for saltwater?)
substrate (sand? corals?)
protein skimmer (a must? spec? brand?)
lighting (watt per gallons? brand? spec? which type?)
salt (brand? how much?)
water conditioner (do we need this?)
heater (which type? what temp?)
water treatment (do we need?)
water test kit (which kit? How? brand?)
Others ?? (any I miss out?)
Cautions ?? (any that I should be aware of?)
setup? (what are the differences between fresh and salt water tank?)
algae? (do we have this problem in saltwater tank?)

Back
Top Bottom