ER RS5.2. Yeah, ok...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eardison

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I don't think its supposed to work like this... LOL..

Get this. New tank, sump, water, skimmer etc.. Plug in the skimmer last night and its been going crazy ever since. Could the be a result of the water being too deep? I did put a new piece of pad under the sump intake to make it more quiet. Could that cause this? Ive added no chems.

Attachments

• p1010002_187.jpg
    p1010002_187.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 43
Wow. Your water level is way too high in your sump, but I dont think that has anything to do with your skimmer foaming like that. I also have a Euro Reef (CS6-2+). It looks like someone put soap in there, LOL. Have you tried adjusting the riser pipe?

Is everything in your tank brand new, as in this is a totally brand new setup? If so, you dont even need to run your skimmer yet. You can leave it off until your cycle is finished.

I was aware that I could leave it off, but I just wanted to try it out. Yes, everything is totally brand new. Well, thats what happened.. It does look like soap, huh?

The bubbles go away quickly, but still.. it dosent seem right. It has to be something with the water I would guess. I did put about a half pound of carbon in there this AM once I realized it wasent going away. This is what the ER website suggested for excessive bubbles. Ive tried adjusting the pipe as well. No go.

I just went thru a similar thing with my new coralife 125 skimmer. Mine wasn't foaming as bad as yours, but it was pretty bad. I finally had to hook up the drain hose to the collection cup and just let it drain into a 5-gallon bucket until it settled down. It slowly did decrease production over the next 48 hours or so and is working great now.

Back
Top Bottom