ETSS or Aqua C?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RLG2182

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If you had to pick between an ETSS Reef Devil or an Aqua C Urchin Pro, which one would you choose? Go for around the same price... seemingly more gph with the ETSS.

~~Rob

Between the two, I would go with the Reef Devil. I have heard some good things about this product.

Mike

I don't think over skimming would be an issue. It is way better than under skimming. At least you would be prepared if you had a large bio load. You could even use it if you upgrade your tank to a larger size later. 8)

Mike

ROAR... now I also have the choice of the Euro-Reef ES5-2 with Sedra 3500 pump. All the research I did online says Euro-reef is the best... now have to compare it to the Urchin Pro/Reef Devil....

arrrrg! The choices!

I don't think the Urchin Pro is going to compare to either the reef devil or the Euroreef. You'd have to step up to one of the EV series Aqua C skimmers to compare. You could also, just to make this more confusing :twisted: , look at the ASM skimmers. These skimmers use the same design as the Euroreef with a couple of differences. The collection cup slips on instead of screwing on. They also are made from a different grade of acrylic...not quite as strong as the Euroreef. Unless you intend to use it as a step stool, I don't think the material will matter. My vote would probably be for an ASM as you can get more skimmer for less money. JMHO.

Alrighty... I think it's best to go by what price I can get the units new for:

Aqua C Urchin Pro - $226 (mag3)
ETS Reef Devil - $225 (CA 1800)
Euro-Reef ES5-2 - $212 (Sedra 3500)
Euro-Reef ES5-3 - $235 (Sedra 3500)
ASM G1x - $239 (Sedra 3500)

Now... the choices. 8O Out of these, the winner is? (for a 60 future reef again... if I were to get a 100 gal later, I would set up a complete new system... so not so much of a stepping stone)

Kay... it's between the es5-3 and the 2. Does the extra 4" of reaction time really make the euro 3 rated for more gallons than the 2 (even though it has the same pump)?

Back
Top Bottom