Euphyllia ancora?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a green Anchor coral, and was wondering if anyone had any care advice? It looks good, but i've never seen one except in pictures. It seems like the polyps are kind of small. Does anyone know if these coral polyps are supposed to be small or large?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

They will appreciate med to high lighting, low to med flow (just enough to gently sway the polyps). They can sometimes take a few days to really acclimate to their new surroundings. Can you post a pic?

Thanks Kevin! I thought they might be getting a little too much flow, but when I turned off the one powerhead that was hitting the coral it got even smaller.

I just thought these corals had longer tentacles and bigger polyps.

Hopefully in a couple more days it will open up more! I guess I did just get it 2 days ago. I ordered it form liveaquaria.com and according to the tracking number I checked, the coral was "in shipping" for about 20hrs. Is that bad? The water was pretty cool when I got it but I acclimated it perfectly and it does seem to be fairly happy. In the pictures on the web site it just looked like the circular polyps where really big, like the size of a dime or something?? My polyps are about a 16th to and 8th inch :?

Unfortunatly I don't have a digital camera anymore so i can't post any pics, but if anybody has one of these, pls post a pic so I can see what other one look like!!

Thanks for all replies!

Back
Top Bottom