EXOTIC FISH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have a fish store close to the beach by me and they always seem to have some exotic fish that I would love to have but don't really know much about like small sting rays-octopus-and ect
Does any one know if a small sting ray will do good in captivity-will they eat my other fish-are they toxic in any way?
would love to have something different in my 125 gal tank

from everything ive heard, sting rays are not a great Idea. Octopuses are Impossible to keep alive and if they are kept alive long enough, They will escape and die in the back of your closet somewhere.

To bad, I really wanted to add something different like a sting ray or something

Well I will see what everyone says worse case maybe someone can give me an idea of something else that's cool and different

Octos and rays do not make good additions to the home aquarium. Like Rocket said, Octos do not live long and are great escape artists. Rays require very large (300 plus gal) tanks and are difficult to feed, thus many die slowly of starvation. These animals are very intising because they are rare and beautiful, but best left in the ocean. If you want something different, look into lionfish. Very unique. Good Luck...Lando

I agree on the rays defiantely but some species of octopii can be successfully kept in special species only tanks. If your in earnest I would suggest you drop by http://www.tonmo.com . Colin and the others should be able to put you on the right path. They are definately not for the newer hobbiest though.

Cheers
Steve

I am with Lando. Lions are a very pretty, exotic looking fish. and I think that they would work well with anglers which are also very bizzare looking.

(correct me if I am wrong about this.)

I had a lion and it seemed to conflicked with my trigger also my puffer kept infating him self and my tangs would non come out, looked like a ghost town

Back
Top Bottom