Expensive fish/coral.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
We all know how expensive saltwater can be. I was curious to hear the stories of your most expensive fish or coral. Mine was a 4" powder blue tang. I paid 60 dollars for it at my lfs. I lost it after two bouts with ick. Now, even though it is one of my favorite fish in the hobby I wont buy one because it was a 60 dollar loss and it was very tough having to catch it out of my reef twice and quarinteen it twice for two weeks each time. So let me hear about your most expensive endevour, alive of dead.

Paid 199 for a Red Sea Emperor Angel once. Fis did fine and was noticably more vibrant than Emperors from elsewhere in the world. I bought a hammer once, bout the size of a tennis ball (first coral I ever owned) paid 10 for it. A few years later I sold it for 175, it was about the size of a basketball. At the time that was the most that person had spent on a coral, but they would have gone higher.

My most expensive fish was my lionfish....$60 and he is still doing great. My most expensive failure was my 2 clams, $55 and $40.....3 weeks after introducing the second one, it died from that clam disease, and my first clam died 3 days later... :cry: I'd had the first one for about 8 months or so, and it was doing great. Wish I had never bought the gold one.....

So reefrunner, did the emperor survive?
I also have a hammer. My pair of maroon clowns host it. I give them a piece of krill two times a week and they feed it. It is growing in leaps and bounds. I paid 50 for it. Maybe Ill get 175 for it someday.

Currently, the Lion holds the honor of the most expensive fish/coral in the tank......$70.

I just paid $55 for a purple tang last weekend. He's the most expensive thing in my tank.

The most I've paid for a coral is $10 for a frogspawn and small colony of green star polyps. I belong to a club that has a fantastic membership. Next coral deal: I'm trading spotted 'shrooms for a 3" Acropora frag and a Trumpet frag. Not a bad deal, eh? :D 8O :p

I wish they had a club closer to me. I live about a hour and half south of springfield and a hour east of st.louis.

Theres still lots of members who havent listed there most expensive fish or coral.

come on, people , inquiring minds wanna know! :p

Back
Top Bottom