Extremely cloudy water overnight! Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClowninBC29

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In a matter of 5 hours my water went from crystal clear to milky white cloudy mixture thruout the tank. added a bulb anemonie and a polyp coral yesterday. and was up till almost 2 am watching everything. wake up and cant see the back of the tank it is so cloudy. Had to go to work this morning and freaking out not knowing whats going on. Any ideas on what the hell happened?

My anemone got stuck in my powerhead when I woke up in the morning and turned the water very cloudy. That might not be the problem but check your powerheads in case.

Jake337 said:
My anemone got stuck in my powerhead when I woke up in the morning and turned the water very cloudy. That might not be the problem but check your powerheads in case.

That would be the problem. went home and thats what i found. Wtf ganna do a water change and put in a poly filter. doing that right now

ClowninBC29 said:
That would be the problem. went home and thats what i found. Wtf ganna do a water change and put in a poly filter. doing that right now

That sucks man! Yeah it happened to me about a week ago. Lost my condy anemone. He was doing fine for about 2 months and then the next morning he's stuck..Yeah I did a 15% water change, waited about a day and the water was back to crystal clear.

Did the water change and cleaned up as much as I could see. Hopefully it all clears up by tomorrow :/ .. Kinda bummed about it. Now I was told if I'm keeping anemones I may have to cover the power head with some kinda of mesh. Anybody have an idea or a picture of something they designed that works?

Clownin, i would also run some carbon to clear up the water and absorb any toxins from the nem. Sorry for the loss.

Back
Top Bottom