false percula spawning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have two false perculas bought from petco 2 months ago recently transferd to my new 55 gal from thier 29 i really want to see these two spawn how old are they normaly when they start spawning and will they if the tank has two blue damsels three blue yellow damsels and lawnmower blenny in the same tank. with no anenome.

They don't need an anemone to spawn.

The bigger question is will they pair up and is one a female or become a female....It can take years sometimes before clowns will spawn if they do it at all. Do a google search for breeding clowns and read through some info that should help you.

well i think they have paired up they spend mot of thier time together in the tank and if i look into the tank at night they are sleeping with each other one normally has its head at the others tail and thier fins are kinda locked together and one of them is quite larger than the other as im guessing this is the female. wat do you think do i have a pair?

yea as i was typing that last message i looked into my tank and the clowns were together one stoped to take a nibble on something and i swear it looked like it turned around and noticed the other was gone and sped after it.

Back
Top Bottom