false percula stays in top corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jth3f

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 3 month old tank with a bar goby green brittle star chocolate chip star feather duster yellow gorgonian and some button polyps. The false percula clown i have stays in the top corner behind the filter output and only comes out from there when i feed it. I have had it for a bout a month and a half. Would a school of chromis help? or a specific anemone that wont do a tank wipe later on (my concern with that is i probably wont be able to get better lights like t5's for about a month i have two actinic t8's) or is there a type of coral the fish would take up as a surrogate anemone??

My clowns host a bubble coral and a hammer coral but They would be toast in there with a CC starfish. If you are planning a reef you`ll need to get rid of the CC star. Here are my clowns.

100_1013.JPG

100_0638.JPG

My pair of O. clowns hang out in the back corner of the tank and only come around occassionally and during feedings. Sounds like the same thing to me. It's their "home" i guess.

Yep, sounds normal...as normal as a clown can be.

My O. Clowns hung out in the front top corner of my tank do some wierd dance for a few weeks then went all over. Maybe it's just settling in.

When I had 2x Ocellaris they would hang out in the back left corner of the tank. They were kind of boring. As everybody else already said, this is normal and it is their home or teritory.

Back
Top Bottom