Fastest growing SPS's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefcowboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have LPS's in my tank and am ready to start adding a few SPS's. there is a LFS around my house that has now many small frags of SPS's. Since I am starting the new type of coral that is very costly, I will go first with the frag route, but wanted to know what corals are known to have fast growth rate, so I could get them to develop quickly in my tank. I have all parameters set for a good experience, good constant calcium level, alk, no phosphates, low nitrates, very good light.
The LFS told me "bird's nest" is a good one, but I wanted to check in this forum what is the overall opinion.
Also in fast groing ones, how long do they take to reach a bigger size? 6 months? 3 months?
As always thanks for all you that offer to help! Very appreciated!

I think that it really depends on your particular water chemistry, lighting, etc. Each coral is going to have different demands, and how well you are able to satisfy those demands, the faster it will grow.

For me, birdsnest does grow quickly. I also notice major growth off of my green plate montipora. Ironically, my sunset monti does nothing, just sits there.

If you are looking for a good starter SPS, then I would get a birdsnest. They are pretty forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom