Favia Coral vs Torch Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have both of these corals and i have a position just above the sand and a position half way up almost to the top of my tank its a 45 gallon tank under dual T5 HO lights which one needs more light? which in my case gets the higher position rather then the lower thanks forr the help guys!

IMO the torch needs to be off the substrate. Sand will irritate the heads and possibly cause brown jelly disease. I would at least have it half way up. Just my experience.

the torch coral is off the sand hes about 5 inches above it the tank is about 22-24 inches deep not sure i dont remember and dont have a ruler and i just put the favia up top because its really green and i want to keep it that way lol do you think my torch will be ok taht low? its not its normal size right now but i just figured that cause its adjusting because it use to be up top where the favia sits now

and also does me touching the favia irritate it? i tried not to when i was putting it in my tank but i did touch it a few times

Back
Top Bottom