Favorite Tang for the Reef Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite reef Sturgeon Fish (TANG)?

• Sohal Tang Acanthurus sohal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powder Blue Tang Acanthurus leucosternon

• Yellow Tang Zebrasoma flavescens

• Hippo Tang Paracanthurus hepatus

• Scopas Tang Zebrasoma scopas

• Purple Tang Zebrasoma xanthurus

• Atlantic Blue Tang Acanthurus coeruleus

• Lavender Tang Ctenochaetus nigrofuscus

• Achilles Tang Acanthurus achilles

• Total voters

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just wanted to run a poll and get some ideas on what people's favorite reef sturgeon fish was. Mine is by far the Sohal Tang; while they are highly aggresive IMO they are unrivaled in the WOW factor you get from their looks.

If your favorite tang isnt on the list just post the name of it.

Redsea Sailfins are a sweet tang! The best part about sailfins of any species, even the highly coveted and very rare Gem Tang, is that they are very hardy and fare well in aquariums

Since it isn't on the list and I have one I will vote for the Powder Brown tang...more hardy then the blue and doesn't get quite as large.

Purple Tang has always been my favorite for coloration and activity. Haven't had one since 94 though but when I move and upgrade it's going to be high on the list of "must have" fish.

I also love the purple tang. The yellow is an aquarium staple and a very close second for me.

I love the "lipstick" tang. Not sure what the scientific name is. That one is most def my favorite. It looks like it's ready to head to the mall and pick up a new pair of shoes. LOL. Lots of personality....

Back
Top Bottom