Feather Duster Disruption

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jinx

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I have 1 feather duster who's making efforts to reproduce today and making quite a haze in the tank. I wouldn't be worried except that I'm due 2 MO arrivals today. Under normal circumstances I would postpone adding anyone to the tank until my lil duster finished his parade. However, I don't have a choice here unless I place new arrivals in my macro algae tank until the duster calms down. Will this bother new arrivals and/or the duster if I add the new guys? I've never been in this situation. The new arrivals are a orange sun coral and a candy apply Zoe. From past experience sun corals can be moody.

Well I wasn't sure if it would increase the nitrate level or something. The fact the nw guys have been shipped in the first place was stress enough. Since I'm new I just wanted to make sure. I like your reference "jollies" lol since it's doing this asexual. I felt like I should have taped a pic of a feather duster on the tank. How many are too many feather dusters for a 30gal tank?

A couple things could define that really. I'd keep one or 2. I have one into 55. The concern would be that they would run out of food since it is a smaller sized tank. If course it could be solved with spot feedings, but would them be fearful of causing parameter issues from feeding a small tank so much.

I had a very happy feather duster in my 30 gal. But I had nitrate issues and the cure was Nitrate destroyer, a bacteria additive that consumed nitrate and then died. That probably helped feed the feather duster.
I moved him to my 110 g with sump and my water quality is very good. So no food for the feather duster and he soon died. That's when I found out that large feather dusters like 'dirty' water. Too bad, cause they look cool.

Back
Top Bottom