feather duster question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame82

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am assuming that i will have to try and put these guys as strait as possible right to see them? i dont think they will straiten up towards the top right ? just wondering cause i have one where i can see it and the other one is being a pain and keeps opening up half way behind another rock after several attempts to stand it up straight. so i know the coral straighten towards the light but i have read up on feather duster dont do the same. so let me know what ya think ??

Feather dusters are hard to get them exactly the way you want them. Just becareful in terms of touching and moving them. Too muh interaction will cause stress and thier crown to fall off. If your sandbed is deep enough, bury them in the sand so the tip of the tube and the crown poke out. I like my method, but some don't. I actually put a piece of liverock on top of the duster. I posistioned it so the tip stuck out towards the tank. But eventually they become attached to the rock to the point where you cant move them without killing them.

they are worms and will move where they want. I had one that somehow got into a hole in the LR... They are filter feaders and will reach there feathers where they feel they will get the best food. So stick it in the area you want it and hope it stays there..

Back
Top Bottom