feather duster spitting something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackthunda77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok i have three problems, someone help!

i got home today and my water was lil cloudy, i looked more closely and my feather duster was spitting out some sort of white cloudy stuff, liquid, what is that and is that bad for my tank, its a 55 gal.

secondly, two small chroims died in my tank yesterday and i cant get to them, i see one in the back but theres no way of me getting to it and the other i cant see at all, would it be ok to leave them in there to decay? one of them already has some a big hermit on it chewing away, same for the second i imagine, or will that thow off the balance of my tank and make everything go out of whack, cuz i have some zoo,s and some mushrooms.

lastly, i have a hair algea problem, got the rock with the most problem and scrubbed them down with a brush and the rest of the tank is pretty clean with some small hair growth, i bouth a phosphate pad to put in will this do the trick to make all the otehr small growths disappear?

the tank is 3 months old, all readinds were at 0, phosphate was high whichis whty i bought the pad. can someone help me

I can't say about the feather duster. I just got my first one a few days ago myself.

Having a rotting fish in your tank is definitely a bad thing, but if you have enough crabs they should be able to make quick work of them in a day or so, which is not a problem. I'm not really sure at what point it's a bad thing. I had a huge arrow crab until recently that would destroy a tang in a day.

The best advice I can give you about the algae other than to tell you that algae eaters and lowering your phosphates are the best attacks is this... be patient! It's not an overnight process. It took me over a month to kill my algae problem with low phosphates and over 35 algae eaters (in a 42 gallon tank).

ok thanks for the advice, i have quite a few red leg and blue legs in there and a mix of snails, pllus a lawmower blenny, that and the phosphte sponge and frequent water changes should do the trick right?

Back
Top Bottom