Feather dusters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fergieturk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,
I'm thinking about adding some feather dusters to my 29 gallon tank. Are there any good websites (or advise) you can give me? I tend to research things to death before I go out and get them.
Here's what I have so far:
29 gallon with an Eclipse hood - one "marine-glo" light and one "power-glo" light
25 pounds of live rock
stupid crushed coral as substrate
Livestock (names)
One ocellaris clownfish (Rod)
1 brittle starfish (Van Gogh)
2 peppermint shrimp (Forrest and Bubba)
2 blue leg hermit crabs (Crabby and Spot)
I use to have 4 turbo snails - but someone ate them (I don't know who)
The tank is 9 months old and in May everyone will move to a new 165 gallon set up my boyfriend is frantically working on (no one is going in there until it is totally cycled - he's going to use a raw shrimp to cycle it).
Thanks,
Michelle

I love my featherdusters. They add nice movement to the tank and just look graceful. I am talking about the big hawaiian feather dusters, havent had any of the other types. Every now and then you can find them on sale for like 3/24.00,
which beats the heck out of 19.99 which is what I paid for my first one.

Feather dusters are filter feeders and normally are quite hardy. They build there tube out of detrius found on live rock and substrate. I would place them on substrate for them to have the heathest tubes. From looking at you inhabitants they would make a great addition to your tank.

Feather Dusters are great! I recommend them to anyone with a saltwater tank!

(I know I'm the most informative person on the planet. "Fish Good!") :lol:

I've read some conflicting information on the internet. Do I have to feed them or just let them hang out in the tank?
What placement in the tank do they prefer? In quick moving water (by a powerhead) or not?
Thanks for the recommendations; I'm definately going to get some! (y)

I never have fed mine. They are filter feeders and can pick up enough food in the water to do good. They like medium flow.

Back
Top Bottom