feather dusters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClamKnuckle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 90 gal with about 185 lbs lr. There are a lot of feather dusters all over the rocks. The tank has is just about done with its cycle (ammonia 0 nitrite 0 trates 2.5). The only thing I will be adding to the tank over the next month or so will be a clean up crew (when I figure out what to get). Should I worry about the feather dusters not having anything to eat? What about LR hitchhikers (I have at least one star fish and a ton of worms in there)?

Any real reason to not get fish for another month? The cleanup crew wont have much food either.

the only reason i wont be putting anything in there is because the tank went through the cycle a lot faster then i thought it would so i still have to get and QT fish before putting them in

I was in the same boat, but with 2 weeks left to go on qt. I fed 1/4 cube of frozen food in a 75 gal

clamknuckle -

are the featherdusters multiplying as you cycle your tank? The worms? I'm just beginning to cycle my tank and have just a handful of feather dusters a couple of worms.

Just curious.

jmc

honestly it's hard for me to say....the rock I got was from a well established tank (most of it anyway, rest from LR.com) so they are pretty much all over as it is. I know i have seen some on the lr.com rocks that i didn't notice a week ago, but i don't know if they spread or if they just decided to come out now

I've read about feather dusters... they are filter feeders, and the books i've read encourages you to sprinkle food near the feathers so it catchers it... feather dusters if im not mistaken are omnivores, so u can crush some flakes and drop them near its feathers so it catches them... brine shrimp seems to be what all books say is good for the feather dusters... I'm thinking of buying some for myself

Back
Top Bottom