Fed up with mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't figure out why my mushrooms wont open up. They were huge and beautiful when I first got them. but they havnt opened up for over a month now. all my other mushrooms are fine. the last pic is of the closed shrooms, the other two of other shrooms in my tank that are doing well. any one have any ideas? thanks

i dont think so. they are closer to the bottom of the tank under 260w of pc lighting in a 60 gal. They were doing well for about 4 months when one day they just did that ^ and never got better. my water perams are fine and all other corals are doing great. i have noticed a large amount of critters living in that rock including a brittle star, but i dont know why that would bother the shrooms. ill get another pic of where the rock is located in the tank.

here are a couple more pics. they are actually in a lower flow area of the tank. and i thought the opposite a little while back and put a PH over them and still nothing. i just dont get it.

and my riccordia are just to left of them and ae doing fine.

My tang wanted to say hello.

LOL i actually had one fall off of the rock, so i placed it in our 25 gal tank, and its taking a little while, but it actually seems to be opening up. im gunna check both the tanks for any differences. the only one i know for sure is the lighting. The 25 has less light.

Back
Top Bottom