Feed your brain!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sand dollar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My beautiful pink and green lobo started showing her skeleton & losing color recently. I thought it may due to lowering feedings in the tank to control algae and a recently realized low calcium and alk levels. I've been dosing for a couple weeks without much improvement in the lobo. I've been testing with redsea and calk/alk are coming back up. The past week I would feed small scraps to it after trying to feed the new rock nems, it is really starting to look good (fat and happy) again. Apparently they need brain food! How often and what do you feed your brain??

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yes, contrary to popular belief, most all corals and anemones need to eat actual food and not just rely on the symbiotic algae for total sustenance.
that is why they have mouths. ;)

If there is no nutrients in the water column you will have to supplement, but generally, if you have a decent bio load and feed on a regular schedule, you should not need to feed anything photosynthetic directly. I like to feed my LPS though. I find it entertaining.

It can be done either way but in my situation I have two 15 + yr old brains and have never target fed them. You do not have to target feed them but nothing wrong if you do.

Back
Top Bottom