Feeding a Diadema Pseudochromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

L2

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a Diadema Pseudochromis as my first fish for my 12 gallon nano reef and he didn't waste any time.. He found a cave and he's been hiding in it all night. How do you feed this fish? Does he have to be out? I got some frozen shrimp food... Do I just cut a tiny piece and toss it in the tank? Will he find it? What if the blue hermit crabs get to it before he does? Does he ever come to the surface to feed?

Thanks.
Lloyd

Not familiar with the Diadema Pseudochromis, but I feed my purple Pseudochromis flake. He takes to it well and yes he does swim to the surface during feeding. They do like to hide in rocks, but if you give them enough nooks and crevises to swim between, they do eventually come it. Its actually quite fun becasue you can be watching the tank and all of a sudden, this long skinny fish pops out of nowhere, 2 minutes later, BOOM poping out in another spot of the tank....I love it.

Everything living in your tank will get adjusted to feeding time. All my starfish, shrimp, fish, snails, hermit crabs etc go nuts at feeding time.

well i put two little bits of frozen food this morning. he came out for one tiny bite and then left the rest and hasn't touched it since. i guess he's still getting used to it. should i leave the food bits there for him for later? maybe he'll eat them when im not around? or should i take them out?

also, what happens when food gets stuck behind rockwork... do i have to go after it and pull it out or should i just let it be? i have a 12 gallon tank so seeing uneaten food on the substrate makes me anxious. thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom