Feeding a Fire Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've got one Fire Shrimp in my tank, and a Banggai Cardinal and Ocellaris Clown.

Will I need to target feed my shrimp, or will he get enough food from detritus etc.? When I put the food in, not much (if any!) seems to be left over - my fish gulp it back!

My fire shrimp eats variety wafers. The fish can pick them up and carry them around (which is very amusing to see :)), but if you throw in three at once they can't get them all. Mine will also eat brine shrimp, Cyclop-Eeze, and squid provided it is blown in the direction of its cave.

Algae wafers? I might drop one of those in every once in a while then :)

He should have enough food with the rest of the "bits" on the bottom though, shouldn't he?

My Fire Shrimp comes out from his perch on liverock cave to eat when I feed flake food or mysis shrimp.He scurries out while all my fish are swimming around,doesn't seem to bother him.

Yeah, algae wafers. The ones I feed are called "variety wafers" because they have some meat-ish matter too. Anyway, just drop one in near your shrimp's hide-out and it should come right out and grab it- you can do it whenever you feel they need it- I give my shrimp a wafer or two every other day.

Back
Top Bottom