Feeding a Seabae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

easyian

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my first seabae anemone yesterday. He has acclimated nicely and attached himself to a nice piece of lr and opened right up. My question is they say to feed him meaty foods like shrimp and such but what they dont say is how big of pieces I should feed to him. Do I puree the shrimp or dice it up fairly small and do i target feed or will he be ok if i just feed the tank my blender mush every third day or so? This is my first attempt at anemones so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ian

Cut a piece of shrimp about 1/4 inch long and give it to him about 1 or 2 times a week. Of course it mostly depends on your lighting and also how much he gets from feeding the tank. I feed my sebae once a week. I drop it straight into the center of his body. Even if it doesn't get exactly in his mouth he will work it over by himself as long as there are no shrimp in the tank to come over and steal it from him. Coral banded and cleaners are bad about this in my tank.

Thanks I will tru that. I have a peppermint and a CBS so i'll have to watch them. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom