feeding fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mercury64

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, just trying to find out if I am over feeding, to make a long story short I use to feed once a day, I got an adult emporer angel a few weeks ago and the only thing he would eat per the store was lettuce
I wanted to get him to he better food and I did, it took some time but now I have him eating dried algea on a clip plus flake and some mysis and other meaty foods
My question is this , in the mits of getting my angel to eat He got use to getting algea in the morning so I feed him and my tang, I have to use two seporate clips of algea because if I don't then it becomes a power war between my angel and tang
in the eve I give the rest of my fish some flake (formula 2) and some myses
the tang and angel will eat as well as the other fish I have, tamato clown-triger fish
I also have an eel that Loves shrimp so I give him a shrimp and he is done
does it look like im over feeding??????????????
all my readings are good, ph-nitrites-ammonia

I would say watch your levels of am nitrate and nitrite... if mostly all the food is getting consumed then you may be ok. You still may have a problem with all the waste from the fish but if you have a good cleanup crew (which you prob don't if you have an eel) you may be ok. If not I would reg clean the substrate if possible so you don't have an abundance of rotting material.

I am a heavy feeder (3-4 times a day) so I have a good clean up crew even though I have to replace them all the time because of my Trigger & Filefish. I just put in small amounts so the fish can eat it than add a little more.

Kaye

Back
Top Bottom