Feeding Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know this is an odd question, but I would like to know what you guys feed2 different things. A regal tang, and a Florida Pink tip Annenome?? I feed my tang seaweed every other day soaked in garlic as well as Mysis shrimp on the other days...
On the annenome, I feed every other day and feed him whole thawed krill.
Thanks

What do you feed most annenomes? Like I said I feed mine krill....
And I will start giving the regal seaweed everyday.
thanks

Cool thanks!! i just want a variety of things to feed it...by the way what made it overheat?? What was the outcome?? I assume not favorable??

well it was mainly a ac issue !! and to top it off i just added 250 mhs !! lost everything but polyps and 3/4 my fish :-( the only thing that lived was 2 chromis/gold maroon clown/nemo/copper banded butterfly/brackish puffer/2 damsels !! lost 3 grammas/bi-color blenny/lawnmower blenny/2 yellow head jawfish/reef lobster/hog candy wrasse/coral beauty tons of snails and corals enough to make ya want to scream (which i did) lol so starting over !! but good thing happens sometimes just 2 weeks after that i guy was selling 6 fish for $70 which i grabbed and got a blue tang/scooter dragonet/flasher wrasse(which just jumped out the tank the other day go figure) /yellow tang/dog face puffer/and another yellow marron clown !! so it a start :)

Sorry to hear about all of your losses!! I would have had to go out and jump in the nearest big body of water and not came up for air if I lost all of that at once!! Well you are off to a good start so I guess that is good. I just had a brand new AC system put in my house so I hope I am good to go!!
On another note since I see you posting a lot...I am using copper in my QT and I did a water change tonight. Put the old water into a container that I use to store RO water in...do I just rinse it out and let it dry good before using for fresh RO water again?

can i ask why ya saved it ?? always keep your ro/water container just for clean water always! what type of container is it?? whats in your main tank for starters !! if ya have a bunch of corals it might be safer to get another container !! i know some people wont buy a tank if its ever had copper in it !! i dont by it and have a 55 thats doing great that had copper in it a few years back !! so basically ya could rinse it very very well and i think ya be ok !!

I didnt save the water from the tank that I was changing...I needed a container to put it in and just didnt think about it. And it was only in the container for less than 3-5 minutes...I rinsed it out with really hot water and thought I would let it air dry...Also in my main tank I dont have any corals. I just have 4 fish and 90 LBS of LR with 3 shrimp..
Also the container is plastic....just like they sell at the fish stores. I can see not wanting to buy a tank as the copper sits in there for long periods of time.
Anyway, see what you think...Also its Cupramine if that helps...its the not as toxic copper...haha

Are you being serious or funny!! Please be serious...if you think it will cause harm, I will dispose of it...I guess I shouldnt have put the HAHA on my part. I guess Im under the impression that Cupramine is less toxic than normal copper?? is this true?

yes true and am very serious you will be fine !! ya washed it very well with hot water !! i would get a bucket for dirty water and one for clean !!

yeah I will let it sit out as well and air dry too...I have one that I can use for dirty water...dont know why i didnt...guess the TX heat is getting to me!!
thanks for all the help!

fishman - I have a Regal Tang and I try to give her seaweed every day. But, every other day I feed her either frozen VHP, Prime Reef, or Bloodworms. She's not especially fond of the Bloodworms, but the shrimp LOVE them! The VHP (very high protein) is supposed to be really good for tangs.

HTH! :wink:

Thanks for the info Blue!! I will try to get something with VHP just as a treat!!

Back
Top Bottom