Feeding schedule and guidence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not saying they should only eat 2 times a week. I'm saying fish can be healthy and happy being fed twice a week. They do not need to be fed multiple times per day. They don't need to be fed once a day even.

the more food you put in the tank, the more you have to take out. People don't consider this when they are new. They think as long as the food is consumed, it's gone. We know it never leaves until it's removed by the keeper.
Look at how many nuisance algae threads there are here. Look at how many "all my fish are dying" threads there are.

Apparently the comment on page one was deleted due to it's inaccuracy.

*No. Fish aren't smart enough to know when they've had enough.

I feed once a day and some times I skip a day but I feel bad !! But when I feed I try to feed substance so each piece counts and no mush that's why I like mysis and brine there is no small stuff floating all over going to try mr x homemade stew lol

I would feed at least once a day I don't believe feeding a fish 3 times a week is right at all i feed all 3 tanks 2-3 times everyday and everyone's happy and water conditions are great

Sorry to disapoint you there. I`ve been feeding mine every other day for 14 yrs now. Almost all my fish are over 10 yrs old and recently lost my tangs that were 13 yrs old during the last hurricane. There is absolutely no proroblem with feeding a fish every other day.

I understand what you guys are saying ,,,there is no problems feeding every other day...OK,but IMO/IME there is no problem feeding every day either..
As far as algae and fish dying ,,We all know there are a lot of other things that can cause them and can't directly be related to feeding everyday ..I do agree that a 30 gallon is on the smaller side for multiple feedings ,but don't think if the OP did a feeding everyday is bad .

melosu58 said:
Sorry to disapoint you there. I`ve been feeding mine every other day for 14 yrs now. Almost all my fish are over 10 yrs old and recently lost my tangs that were 13 yrs old during the last hurricane. There is absolutely no proroblem with feeding a fish every other day.

I'll stick to my way thanks

That`s the good thing about this hobby. There is no one way to do things. If your way is working then by all means keep doing it. We all have yrs of experience that help confirm what we do. To the OP good luck on the tank.

melosu58 said:
That`s the good thing about this hobby. There is no one way to do things. If your way is working then by all means keep doing it. We all have yrs of experience that help confirm what we do. To the OP good luck on the tank.

Yeah I see that all the time for some ppl things absolutely don't work out while others have no issues at all

Back
Top Bottom