Feeding schedule and guidence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishsticks

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Coral Beauty Angelfish, 2 Occ Clowns, and a Six Line Wrasse. I also have a Ruby Emerald Crab, an Emerald Crab, a Horseshoe Crab, 3 Bumblebee snails, 3 Mexican Turbo Snails, and two hermit crabs. I am currently feeding my fish a large pinch of premium flakes 3 times a day. Is this enough? Too much? Do I need to be feeding different species different foods? I look forward to hearing your responses, I could use the help, don't want anyone dying on me lol. Thanks!

I have fed about the same amount of fish everyday with flakes and brine. I am about to go to monday, wednesday and friday. I think you are overfeeding.

I would feed at least once a day I don't believe feeding a fish 3 times a week is right at all i feed all 3 tanks 2-3 times everyday and everyone's happy and water conditions are great

Fishsticks said:
What is brine?

Brine shrimp. I have the freeze dried type. I feed my fish a little every day, switching between flakes, brine, algae/critter frozen cubes. My shrimp I hand feed brine shrimp too.

What is brine?

Frozen brine shrimp cubes. Thawed and rinsed and added to the tank. About a third of a cube a day. With a small pinch of marine flakes. Haven't switched to 3 days a week yet. Am currently feeding once a day every day. Maybe I will stay with that. Three times a day too much.

spoonman said:
Frozen brine shrimp cubes. Thawed and rinsed and added to the tank. About a third of a cube a day. With a small pinch of marine flakes. Haven't switched to 3 days a week yet. Am currently feeding once a day every day. Maybe I will stay with that. Three times a day too much.

I guess I didn't specify that them 3 times I feed them it's not an over bearing amount so what my 3 amounts are can be some people's serving they feed once a day

Make sure you feed enough keep your bubble bee snails from killing your other snails.

Personally i would not bother with brine...Your angel needs a food specified for angels..try mega marine angel formula and mega marine algae ..Also get some formula 2 cubes and seaweed selects ...Meat should include krill ,squid and table shrimp.Your other fish will also eat this..i would feed 2x a day, every day

I disagree with feeding multiple times per day. I have fed fish twice a week for over a year now in a tank I maintain, and they are fat and happy.
What has a hard time surviving are the crabs and bristle worms. this is because there's not as much waste in the tank. That's a good thing.

Can feeding 3 times a day for 4 fish be hazardous?
Well if it was my fish would have been dead a long time ago:ermm:..
Everyone has different views ..I know of guys who feed a couple times a month because there systems are so mature and thriving...Fish selection and tank size plays a big role too.I have always fed multiple times a day ,everyday,but i also keep bigger eaters who IMHO need to eat..

EDIT:don't be lazy with routine upkeep of the tank and the water quality won't be an issue

Which bigger eaters are these?
In the tank i'm speaking of there are "
Powder blue tang
Sailfin tang
Foxface rabbit
Flame angel
Algae blenny

Feel free to go over to the Devon Fitness Club and check them out. It's right in Paoli.

Your statement about multiple feedings is misleading. The OP has a 30 gallon tank, which can easily go south if he's not careful. Feeding his fish 3 times a day is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
I currently keep a sargassum trigger ,a blue throat trigger,a spiny box puffer,a purple tang and a juvi french angel,,with smaller guys sprinkled in..pair of clowns a flamehawk,an anthias and a 6 line..(which someone said you told them to feed 3x a day)

Lets not make this a silly thread about whos right or wrong or my fish are better than yours:rolleyes:

I don't tell anyone to feed anything 3 times a day, and I'm not being silly. I'm saving the OP some trouble. Your fish do not need to be fed multiple times per day. This is a fact.

Why should they only eat 2x a week??
Page one of this thread ,,the person claims you said 3x a day for a 6 line

Well now I'm just confused. Is there not a standard for feeding? Every time I feed all of my fish ( which I have been doing 3 times a day, breakfast, afternoon snack and dinner) are getting there fair share. If I was over feeding wouldn't they just not eat it?

Back
Top Bottom