Feisty Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murphamon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all

I have a 40g tank that ive cycled with 28kg of live rock and now has 6 hermits which are havin a ball.

In the future im looking at a reef tank but my main goal is to have a "dangerous" animal...i couldn't think of a better word for it... things like eels, lionfish and sharks, im sure there are similar things out there that are ok for my small 36/14/20 tank.

So basically i want to build the tank around 1 fish, so compatability with a reef is an advantage but not essential

Ideas wood b greatly appreciated:D

Murpha

Snowflake eels don't get terribly large. Not sure how "bad" they are tho. Moray(sp?) eels are more aggressive carnivores but I think they get too large for your tank. A dwarf lion would be good. A porcupine puffer is a nasty little bugger with LOADS of personality. I think your tank would keep a porky happy for a few years. They get large tho, upwards of 10 -12". In an aggressive set up with a large carnivore, your hermits (or many snails) wouldn't stand a chance, especially with a porcupine puffer.

Mark

Although I'm a fw guy, I love lionfish. If i ever try salt again, there will be a lionfish in there. Dwarf lion gets my vote.

Anemoneman, Is that a Road King as your avatar? That's a SHWEET bike I own a 2001 RK - Teal Green.

Back
Top Bottom