Few new pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowsdime

Aquarium Advice Freak
If anyone has any suggestions let me know I'm still new to this and I love the feed back

image-3505598031.jpg

The blenny never wants to come out for the photo shoot!!

image-2610684986.jpg

image-787041921.jpg

The newest addition to the tank

image-1788800540.jpg

Whole shot

Attachments

• image-161187807.jpg
    image-161187807.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 119
Thank you Carey thats very encouraging comin from you! What do you think about me putting some plate shaped base rock to make some shelves for coral??

In my opinion it looks pretty good now and if you got large flat pieces it might make it look un-natural. But maybe few smaller flat pieces for you to place corals sounds like a fine idea. Just gotta make sure they are secure. I have some flat ones in my 20g for corals to sit on as well. :)

I think the right side of the tank looks perfect but maybe you can add to the center and the left side? Just a thought...

Yea I think I can fill it out forward and up towards the surface for corals that have higher light requirements

Exactly! Thats what I have setup, like several tiers of rocks for corals to have their light requirements met without a lot of trouble.

Sounds good! Post some pictures if you get some rock.
:)

carey said:
Exactly! Thats what I have setup, like several tiers of rocks for corals to have their light requirements met without a lot of trouble.

Sounds good! Post some pictures if you get some rock.
:)

Carey I don't think ive ever seen your setup do you have any pics I'd love to see the reef masters work!

Lemme see what I can get, I have some lights off already though. Brb

In the pictures I tried to show how I have corals staggered on different levels. All based on their needs as far as light and flow. The ones form the 125g show alot of empty rocks, but each rock is a future home allocated already for a coral.

These are not the best shots of my tank. I feel silly putting them up but I hope you get the point. :)

img_1541421_0_88e83763040b358b8441e73943554063.jpg

img_1541421_1_7f12c92ee97b09c6de034907c37f84e5.jpg

img_1541421_2_b3d7d4946b0edaa90fa4705f99f1e92d.jpg

img_1541421_3_01d85795127c938cebddeb7a6a6d177a.jpg

Like the mushrooms are on the bottom and have a slight overhang over them since they don't need alot of light. My candycanes are mid tank and my SPS are higher up, like the birdsnest.

I hope the pictures help a little at least. You kinda want a a spot for eveyrthing. And spacing between them. Thast why I generally assign a coral for a whole rock. :-D

Last edited:
Holy candy canes!! Looks awesome I like the birdsnest also, I get what you're saying tho there needs to be plenty of room, what is the yellow and black striped thing in one of the first pics??

i liek that one myself., just got it this week and it glows at night without really any light. it's supposed to be a platygyra. :)

That's cool, i think you have finally pushed to buy t5 bulbs for my 6 bulb fixture! I know my pc's won't support the corals I wanna do, im going to stick with all corals that feed off light for now.. How did that sun coral work out that you got a while back?? They're awesome looking but open at night??

My sun coral sadly did not make it. :-( I tried really hard to feed it but it never really opened for me. Not sure cause it wasnt open in the store when I got it but I figured it would at night. But it only opened a tiny bit a few times.

Won't be trying again anytime soon I don't think.

I like the blennys too, they're funny to watch.

Carey I'm sorry to hear it's hard to resist after seeing pictures of how amazing they look!

Sun corals are best left in their gigantic colonies in the wild. Valiant attempt Carey. I have tens of thousands and decades invested and have come to realize, some things are best left in the sea. Both of your reefs are very cool and never give up. It wasn't but a decade or two ago where nobody thought any of this was possible, much less artificial propagation of corals in your living room.

Back
Top Bottom