few sun coral feeding questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so far ive been feeding it frozen marine cuisine along with some zooplex about every other night. Is that a healthy meal for it? Also how much should i feed it and is it possible to over feed?

I feed it by taking it out of the water along with tank water in the bottom half of a milk jug. Then i dump in the food and some zooplex and use a pipette to mix it all up. Is there anything else i should be doing?

TY very much!

rosstifer

When you remove it from the tank does it get exposed to air at all? I leave the coral in the tank and use a turkey baster to get the food directly above the coral, it does the rest.

i dip the jug into the tank so that it isnt exposed. I do it to be sure that every polyp gets fed and so that all the feeding doesnt affect my tank.

How much do these things need to be fed?

I've had my orange sun coral for about 2 months. I, shamefully, didn't know much about it when I bought it, I was just attracted to it's striking orange colour. Only after I did some research, did I even realize that the polyps extended, mainly at night. It took about a week or two before I started notice it opening at all, but the books said to try putting the food in the current near it and it will adjust to that schedule and open up. I'm glad to say that it now opens open nightly and is quite beautiful.

I feed it frozen mysis every other night by syringe, each individual polyp. It is a little more time consuming and involved, but it truly is quite beautiful. I tried to post a picture, but I couldn't get it uploaded.

Back
Top Bottom