Fighting conch or strawberry conch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fighting or Queen Conch are good for the sand beds. I have not done any research on the Strawberry conch sorry about that. I am going to buy a fighting conch for my 55g tanks. Normally they go for around $5-$7.

Yeah i ask the store and they are selling strawberry conch $15 a piece they said its really good for slimes in your sand bed but dont know if its true and heard that sometimes fighting conch are lazy and not move for a week or two i dont know if thats true either so im just curious if theirs a advantage and disadvantage of the two conch thanks though! Cheers!

I have 2 strawberry conchs and they work great!! Mine were also about $15 each, seems to be the going rate for them.

Ow thanks beengirl so price are the same here in canada good to hear :) yeah trying to get 2 too i have 4 butterscotch conch and i barely see them lol

Not sure what kind this is but he was $4 and he does great work on my 29 gallon sand bed. He also has a lot of personality.

image-832945404.jpg

I love that pic. Wish I could get a good one of my conchs.

To Eric: if its a strawberry conch, the underside of the lip of the shell will have a pinkish-red coloring to it. Just an FYI. :)

I like the red line around a strawberry conch ... I was checking your jawfish beengirl i had the blue spot before and i always push a lil rock and he always build a barracks out of it until my friend decided to scrub a lil green patch where he was living and my friend accidentally killed him :( so sad ...really fun to watch though

I like the red line around a strawberry conch ... I was checking your jawfish beengirl i had the blue spot before and i always push a lil rock and he always build a barracks out of it until my friend decided to scrub a lil green patch where he was living and my friend accidentally killed him :( so sad ...really fun to watch though

Love the jawfish! Sorry to hear about yours. They are cool. She's always picking up shells and piling them around her burrow. At night she uses the shells to block the entrance to the burrow and In The morning she moves them out of the way again. I had to save a snail last week cuz I guess she thought it was an empty shell, so she picked it up and put it by her burrow, but the astrea was still living in it and was on its side and couldn't right itself. Haha. Thankfully I was there to right the astrea. I love the blue spot, just couldn't bring myself to pay $100 for one. :)

Thats funny...yeah regular price is 100 but i always buy stuff on 1 store when i was setting up my tank and they always give me a deal so when i finally grab 1 i only payed 60 ...but not lucky enough that he survive ... Not much reef store here in calgary so some store are really pricey ... Have fun with your jawfish :)

Back
Top Bottom