filter/protein Skimmer Combo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffs10

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 30 gallon tank going to start up a saltwater tank with live rock.

I was at the local fish store and they have a filter/protein skimmer combo hang on back.

It was a Skilter 400 for $49.00

Is this combo any good? for the setup im looking for has anyone used this? any info would be great.

If this unit isnt worth it could anyone recemend a better one for a price under $100. any info would be great

jeff

Jeff don't get the Skillter! I too have a 29gal tank and looked for a filter/skimmer combo and choose the Skillter400. The skimmer doesn't work at all. The only good thing about the Skillter is that it has a large area to put other media after you throw out the reaction chamber. I finally broke down and bought a Remora Pro Skimmer, after all good post I read in this forum. :wink:

Yep go with a remora or a bak pak IIR skimmer. The skilters are pretty poor quality and you will replace it later.

captivereefs said:
Yep go with a remora or a bak pak IIR skimmer. The skilters are pretty poor quality and you will replace it later.

Does anyone know of a online outfit that would sell one of the filter/skimmer you mentioned above?

Darin at captivereefs.com can help you out. Great prices, great service. I bought a Bak Pak 2R from him and I love it.

Back
Top Bottom