Finalizing My Stock List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tank is 29 Gallons, Will be a reef tank. Would like some help on what inverts to have and how many to have.

Yellow fin Flasher Wrasse or Six Line Not sure what one Like the looks of the yellow flasher the most.

Midas Blenny or Yellow Watchman Thinking the watchman because they would be in the water column but would rather have the midas if it would be fine in the tank

Royal Gramma Basslet - Must Have

2x Ocellaris Clownfish - Must Have

1x Blood Shrimp

1x Peppermint shrimp

1x Needle Pincushion Urchin

Dwarf Hermits - Not really sure how many I should have for the tank

get tailspot blenny.

careful with the six line they get aggressive

other options could be a sohal tang, porcupine puffer, or stingrays

CleverBs said:
Tank is 29 Gallons, Will be a reef tank. Would like some help on what inverts to have and how many to have.

Yellow fin Flasher Wrasse or Six Line Not sure what one Like the looks of the yellow flasher the most.

Midas Blenny or Yellow Watchman Thinking the watchman because they would be in the water column but would rather have the midas if it would be fine in the tank

Royal Gramma Basslet - Must Have

2x Ocellaris Clownfish - Must Have

1x Blood Shrimp

1x Peppermint shrimp

1x Needle Pincushion Urchin

Dwarf Hermits - Not really sure how many I should have for the tank

Well firt of all, i dont know why the midas wouldnt work, just make sure you add less free swimming fish. As for the two occ. Clowns, i really recommend 1. I am also doing a 30 gallon saltwater tank, and also wanted two. Well, apparently clownd will pair up, and will be mean. That doesnt sound like a happy tank, considering its only 30 gallons and the clowns will claim quite a bit of it. One less clown, and one more other cool fish!! As for the "blood shrimp" do you mean fire shrimp? If so, nice choice. By far the coolest invert ever. I also suggest a cleaner, 10-15 hermits, and 10-15 snails. Make sure to add the CUC slowly, and add the pincushion urchin last. They need good amounts of algea, no copper, plus lots of stable liverock!

Also, could i suggest making a build thread? Youll get more ongoing help, and can post all questions there, instead of creating new threads to ask 1 quetion. Good luck!!

Bnortz said:
get tailspot blenny.

careful with the six line they get aggressive

other options could be a sohal tang, porcupine puffer, or stingrays

Uhm, no, sorry. A tang wont fit in a 30, and neither will a puffer, nor will any type of dwarf stingray. Six lines arent known to be agressive, and are generally peaceful. Do some research first, please.

do others agree on not having more then 1 clown? From my research I have done I dont see this to be a long term problem and only an issue when a male turns female and once the female is established aggression will go away

Turbo snails? Turban snails? I dont know how its spelled but ill give it a try lolol
Narassirus snails? Haha

Nassarius snails are great at turning the sand and eating left over food. They however do not eat algae so keep that in mind.

I use nassarius snails and cerith snails for my big tank and some nerites too. The nerites are ugly and hang at the top of the tank all day until nightime but they are awesome at keeping my glass clean.

Check out ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae for some good cuc, they are dirt cheap and you get a ton of critters when you order their clean up crews. I mean a TON. lol

Turbos are the ones you were talking about haha. They get pretty big. They also eat ALOT so 1 would be plenty. As for the sandbed, the nassarius would be your best bet. GL!!!!!

The only bad thing about turbos is they knock everything over. LOL I only have one turbo put of all my tanks and he's in my biocube where there isnt alot for him to bulldoze. hehe

The only bad thing about turbos is they knock everything over. LOL I only have one turbo put of all my tanks and he's in my biocube where there isnt alot for him to bulldoze. hehe

I dont want very big snails, I really dont like them because i think they look gross so I want small ones. So I would like to get maybe a mix of small snails that clean the sand bed and some small snails for algae. I want to have some hermits and a Emerald Crab as well and I know they eat algae.

The turbos are actually very pretty. One of mine has purple and orange Coralline in his shell and he's a beauty. I know this sounds wierd but sometimes I actually let them suck on my hand and move around lol.

Back
Top Bottom