Finally - 40 Breeder Reef Journal/Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Took some more tonight. Used a tripod, and a 2 second timer. I have a remote on order, but the 2 second timer works well for now. BTW, the watermark isn't to keep people from stealing the pics... I'm just proud of them and like playing with the editing sw.

img_1798625_0_248b598a936e718f74e3a8994107a92b.jpg

img_1798625_1_578313baa140c0edc8a6e891d772f7ff.jpg

img_1798625_2_2a8cc3b5058660d642ddc53e5256bfc1.jpg

img_1798625_3_e55768c3fbf2a52baa98a103f72ebabf.jpg

img_1798625_4_4765efc8db82749480e4501a1528844f.jpg

img_1798625_5_4ef2f80f2f38098b9465f5331c2b9b16.jpg

Oh, I was just trying to describe the 'white' tips on the coral, and started panicking.. he said it sounded like growth, which has been confirmed by several people here now. Haha.

Why of course Alan! Who else on AA has done as well you did with that 75 and your grow out tanks?

That is most kind of you!

I am nowhere near a "king" at coral growth but I appreciate the accolades!

I am hoping to duplicate the results in this 40g breeder I'm setting up.

I've already contacted a few people I sold to, to get frags of my old corals back...

Wow! I am super impressed! I've been trying for a while with my camera, but haven't got the macro shots figured out yet.

Fantastic pictures!! I knew my iPhone was pretty bad, now i know how bad!

Wow! I am super impressed! I've been trying for a while with my camera, but haven't got the macro shots figured out yet.

Fantastic pictures!! I knew my iPhone was pretty bad, now i know how bad!

Thanks... both of you. They always say it's the photographer, not the equipment. I'm fairly confident that there's some point where equipment plays a factor... Up until now, I've been using a fuji point and shoot. If you can't tell, my pictures have drastically improved. I'd say someone that knows what they're doing could really blow my pictures out of the water.. but comparing them to what I used to take, I'm VERY pleased.

Jon, a lot has to do with the fast glass you have. With my f3.5 I get half the light coming in so my focus is a much narrower range. Hmmm, time to go tripod and full manual with all pumps turned off and take a longer exposure. Thanks for making me think that trough.

Keep up the great photo work!

Nice pictures!

Thanks man!

Wow! Cool pics.

Thanks fort!

Jon, a lot has to do with the fast glass you have. With my f3.5 I get half the light coming in so my focus is a much narrower range. Hmmm, time to go tripod and full manual with all pumps turned off and take a longer exposure. Thanks for making me think that trough.

Keep up the great photo work!

Thanks for the compliment. Your pics that I saw last time were great... not sure you need to change a thing. Hopefully, this weekend, I'm going over to a buddies house to take some pics. If he doesn't mind, I'll show some of them off in a new thread here. I'm looking forward to taking some pictures of an actual reef tank... not a reef in progress haha.

On a side note- I'm considering revamping the refugium. I'm thinking about moving it back down in to the sump and using the 20 long that is currently the refugium as a frag tank. I've got a 4x24w T5HO fixture that I could hang right above the 20 long... just a thought. I'm still contemplating though. Either way, I'm getting the benefit of the extra 17 gallons or so, and I don't plan on doing away with it at all.

Back
Top Bottom