Finishing my fish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mykpoz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking at finishing off the fish stock for my 75g.

Currently I have the following fish:
1 yellow tang
2 perc clowns
1 jawfish
1 pink shrimp goby

inverts:
1 CBS
1 Skunk Cleaner
5 emeralds crabs
1 brittle star
1 serpent star
@ 40 blue legged hermits
@15 Turbos
@30 nassarius snails
3 urchins and various crabs in my sump

If you could recommend any, I would appreciate... I was thinking either a six line or another wrasse like a fairy or another smaller active wrasse.

Basically, I am lost as to what could/would be a good fish to add at this point (got all the fish besides the mandarin that i have wanted.)

If you want a mandarin don't add a six line unless you have a lot of copepods to go around.

And no im not going to go on about mandarins since your tanks has enough live rock and a sump to produce enough copepods.

Are corals in the future?

Any of the dwarf angels would be a nice addition. Coral Beauty is my favorite for the money.

i have thought about the coral beauty, but I think I would lean more towards a working fish if you will..

Whats a working fish? I know I tell my Dog to go get a job every day, but to no avail when I return home he is still just laying there. :D

well I guess what I mean by "working fish"

a fish that does something beneficial to the overall system in my tank...

like a 6 line wrasse (that I am leaning towards) is known to eat a variety of isopods, worms,etc that can become problems in your tank.

Yellow Tang can help out with algae
some gobies sift through the sand, keeping it clean and mixed
copper banded help with aiptasia (which I wouldnt need.)

etc

one that performs a job in the tank I guess you could say.

If it wasn't for the wife, I would probably not have the Yellow Tang for the algae eater (as there are probably better ones out there) or the clown fish.

OK, My CB constantly grazes throughout the tank. The Lawnmower is also good for this. Mandarins are also very cool and will feed off the pods.

Still not sure how to get my lazy dog to start "working". :p

Good luck,

Back
Top Bottom