Fire Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have read about cleaner shrimp pairing up with a fish and cleaning the gills. I have a Fire Shrimp and the other night, I saw him poking out from the rock he hides behind and then noticed my Kole Yellow Eye Tang was right there as well. I got up to look closer but they split up before I could get a good look. I did get the impression though that the shrimp was cleaning him. Do Fire Shrimp do that as well?

Yes, I do believe Fire Shrimp will clean fish also. They will just not clean as readily as cleaner shrimp though.

My fire shrimp sits in the same corner of rock all the time. I don't have any fish yet but last night he was poking around the opening and I was watching him. I took out my phone to take a picture and he scooted back in. So we played tag for alittle bit LOL. I move he moved. When I moved REAL SLOW he stayed put. I also tested to see how "close" I could get before he'd react. It was about 8 inches from the glass (at normal movement speed). Real slow and I could touch the glass before he noticed.

My fire shrimp sits in the same corner of rock all the time. I don't have any fish yet but last night he was poking around the opening and I was watching him. I took out my phone to take a picture and he scooted back in. So we played tag for alittle bit LOL. I move he moved. When I moved REAL SLOW he stayed put. I also tested to see how "close" I could get before he'd react. It was about 8 inches from the glass (at normal movement speed). Real slow and I could touch the glass before he noticed.

LOL Yes, mine stays inbetween two rocks. If you look from the end of the tank you can spot him and once in a while he will poke out. He will come out at feeding time and about a week ago I saw him scooting all over the tank for about 30 minutes. Then he was back to his home. :) Here is the best pictures I have been able to get of him.

Awesome!!!!!!!! I haven't been able to get a full shot since I got him LOL. I don't have anything to "feed" yet so I don't have a "feeding time". Aren't they just sooooo uhmm RED. :)

Moved to SW reff general discussion. This forum is for Fish and coral profiles only.

Sorry melosu58. I kind of thought at shrimp classified as a "fish" but my mistake. Thanks for setting me straight.

Back
Top Bottom