Firefish :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFrik

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My firefish is really really scared of my newly added anthias. My anthias is very social so everytime the firefish comes out, he swims to the firefish to check it out. My firefish would freak out, jump out of the water (luckily i have eggcrate), then hide. Im sure my anthias isn't beating up the firefish...

The firefish hasn't came out to eat for 3 days. I saw him just 3 mins ago and i tried to feed him. As soon as i open the canopy, he's gone ...

So... will my firefish starve himself to death? How long can a firefish live without food? Im really worried...

I would try some mysis to lure out the fire fish , make sure to feed him directly if possible with a pipette . I would say that if he continues with out eating he will starve , fish can go up to 14 days with out food (kinda long ) but I would not worry till you approach day 7 after taht I would look into qt or moving one of the fish , what size tank are they in ?

Sadielynn said:
I would try some mysis to lure out the fire fish , make sure to feed him directly if possible with a pipette . I would say that if he continues with out eating he will starve , fish can go up to 14 days with out food (kinda long ) but I would not worry till you approach day 7 after taht I would look into qt or moving one of the fish , what size tank are they in ?

Sound advice here.

I've been feeding: garlic soaked mysis, formula one pellets and phytoplankon. The first few days that the anthias is in the tank, the firefish did came out to eat pellets and mysis then went back to its cave. Now it just won't come out to eat anything

Back
Top Bottom