First Corals and snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this is an older thread, but wanted to know if anyone knew about the whelks that were not harmful? I have a ton of snails that are tiny littl eguys with a snorkle like appendage that cruise the sand, and then I have a ton of bigger 1/2' guys that have the same snorkle that bury themselves in the sand and climb the walls a little. I am afraid of predatory whelks, but do not want to loose the sand shifting that they offer. Any help on what I can do is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately this is one of those "need to see to be sure" situations. What you describe could easily be a nassarius snail as well. Both are often confused as the other. If you could post a pic that would be the best way.

Where they hitchikers or purchased?

Cheers
Steve

I can say that the snails I had were never in the sand and never buried themselves in the sand. They were on my LR only. After getting some nassarius snails, they do get on the LR and glass a bit but are primarily in the sand until feeding.

I removed most of the other snails. I did witness one attacking a nassarius snail as well.

Back
Top Bottom