First fish died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm so sad. I woke up this morning, To find my clown dead. I've had him for three years. He's been through all my mistakes and a tank change! It's amazing how attached you get to the fish in your tank! What a way to start my day

Sorry to hear that. I, too, am attached to my fish. I lost a swordtail about 2 weeks ago. He was one one of my first fish and, like your clown, had been through a lot. It definitely sucks waking up to that. Just hang in there, get through the week and head out to the lfs this weekend. It's already Thursday, so you're almost there.

Thanks :) he was kind of a bully anyway, but I always liked him since he was number one. He's definitely let all the newcomers know that he's king!

Sorry to hear that.... Pets mean a lot to us - I am still so new to this and I cannot even imagine what it must feel like.

I should have known! We lost our goldfish Godzilla last year. He was over 10 years old.

They all have unique personalities.

Yea my first fish were 3 red belly piranha that I had for a little over 10 years. I was sad when they went. Raised them from the size of about a quarter and lost them around 10-12 inches or so. I don't agree when people say oh well they're just fish. It's still a pet that I care for everyday. @ op sorry for your loss

No, not cool when people say things like that! I put a lot of working into giving my fish a good home and, of course, I become attached. I have a hard time trading or selling my shrimp/fish when my population explodes. But I have to do it because of the space.

creic38 said:
No, not cool when people say things like that! I put a lot of working into giving my fish a good home and, of course, I become attached. I have a hard time trading or selling my shrimp/fish when my population explodes. But I have to do it because of the space.

Yea it bothers me. I honestly think I put more work and effort into my tanks than most other "conventional" pets require. So to place less value on a fishes life really gets to me when I hear people with that mind set.

Yea it bothers me. I honestly think I put more work and effort into my tanks than most other "conventional" pets require. So to place less value on a fishes life really gets to me when I hear people with that mind set.

I agree %100 I put to much into my fish to just go to LFS and get another ....it's honestly not that simple

Back
Top Bottom