First fish is TWITCHING!!! help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my first real fish (raccoon butterflyfish) yesterday and today he started to twitch every so oftern while swiming around. I know from my FW mabuna tank that twitching = ich. But how is this so?? I dont see any spots yet and i want to prevent it. With in 24hrs of a new tank the poor guy has ich??

I checked my parameters today and it reads .25,0,5 (am,rite,rate). Ive had a yellow tail damsel in the tank for the past month after it cycled back in the first week of feb.

What could i do?? any addetives i could use when adding in new fish to tank??

Ich affects the fish before you see the white spots. I could treat with a treatment such as RidIch. Most people here would recommend raising your temp. and adding salt. What fish is it? How long have you had your tank setup for?

Its a SW tank so raising the temp would not work as effectively as it would a FW tank. Ive used Ridich before on my FW tank but im very hesitant on using it on my SW tank. plus it has copper and i have quite abit of inverts in my tank.

Im trying to figure out what stress reliever i could use when adding in a new fish. I guess ill do some digging around to come up with a name

I forgot I was responding in the saltwater forum and I am sorry. You could take the fish out and QT him?

I just set up a QT tank today so due to this. Hopefull he will be ok. Im going to get some Stress guard by seachem today. Hopefuly that will help out abit

Seachem is a wonderful product. I currently am using stress Coat which is pretty good too. Hope I was at least alittle bit helpful!

Back
Top Bottom