first fragging!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I fragged a coral for the first time! My pulsing xenia, it was fairly easy, and once they attach to the rocks I banded them to, I plan on selling them. They're still kind of closed up in the pic :D

Attachments

• DSC_0802.jpg
    DSC_0802.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 197
Frags do look good, I'm looking forward to the day when I have enough growth from something that I have to frag it, but it doesn't look like that's going to be an issue for me anytime soon. Lol

Frags do look good, I'm looking forward to the day when I have enough growth from something that I have to frag it, but it doesn't look like that's going to be an issue for me anytime soon. Lol

same situation here :deadhorse:

Zoas are fragged by taking either a polyp or a cluster of polyps away from the mother colony. It is a little more difficult than xenia, etc. There are several good videos on YouTube.

How would I frag a zoathid polyp

Slice their base and attach them to a plug or small rock. Use very small rubberbands to hold them onto the plug. You can also saw the rock where the zoas are so you don't have to reattach to the plug...basically just separate them from the mother colony.

Back
Top Bottom