Fish advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all - I have a 55 gall tank with a 2 inch volitan lion, a 1 inch clown trigger and a 2 inch panther grouper. I would like to get a small snowflake (LFS recommended 6 inch?) and a 1 to 2 inch queen angel. I have been reading about the recommended 5 gall/ fish inch, which would be about 11" of fish for my tank, but since the eel would be 6" would it count the same towards the 11" max?

We realize we'll probably have to move to a bigger tank next year as our fish grow...

Thanks for any help!!

55 is way to small for a queen angel to life comfortably. IMO you have to high of bioload now given that agressive fish like lions, and groupers and eels are usually heavy on the bioload.

Thanks fishfreek - that's what I was afraid of. In your opinion, since I now have the grouper, lion and trigger (with 5 snails + 4 hermits and 1 conch - which we're prepared to lose any day our fishies get the munchies) should we even consider adding another fish? We would really like to get the snowflake, but we don't want to do it if it will cause our tank to become unhealthy.

Thanks again for sharing your expertise

It would be inadviseable to add another fish at this time. The ones you have will grow faster than you think.

Back
Top Bottom