Fish died when i added a new power head???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brd.ginter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone else experienced this? I am assuming the new power head was too much and stressed him out. I only added a hydor koralia 1050 in the center of my 125g tank.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am assuming the new power head was too much and stressed him out. I only added a hydor koralia 1050 in the center of my 125g tank.

That's a big tank, not sure that would effect it. I have a 1050 on my cichlid tank. And a MP10 at 70% on my Bio Cube 29.

Your tank was majorly under powered in circulation. Maybe the new pump kicked up a lot of debris buildup which could cause an ammo and nitrIte spike which can/will kill your fish.

Your tank was majorly under powered in circulation. Maybe the new pump kicked up a lot of debris buildup which could cause an ammo and nitrIte spike which can/will kill your fish.

^^^^

This makes more sense then "flow" killing your fish.

Ahhhh that would make sense.

If it was only one affected fish out of the rest of your fish, it could be pure coincidence.

when i changed powerheads my xenia tips turned white, but other than my ph dropping nothing else changed

i switched a 750 for 2x425

That's more of a redistribution of flow than a noticeable increase in flow. I'm not convinced a nutrient spike large enough to kill a fish could be caused by that. Sorry you lost a fish.

Back
Top Bottom