Fish Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys Just wondering, what does everyone feed there SW fish? Well I know it all depends on what type of fish you have but is there something that you feed your Fish constantly that they like and always eat? I would like to hear your favorites and options and different kinds everyone has tried?

:D

I use Formula one, and two mixed with rinsed frozen mysis and brine shrimp. Mixed all up with zoe and garlic guard. Meat, vegetables, vitamin and immune boost.

IMO the key is variety. No one likes eating the same thing. I feed mine flake, mysis, seaweed selects and vitamin fortified brine.

I only feed frozen home-made stuff my LFS sells along with Rods Food...and nori for the tangs.

Nice... I just want more Ideas of what I should start doing with my Fish right now they are on Brine Shrimp Plus made by Ocean Nutrition. I was thinking to start feeding them Frozen Mysis. Since my Gobie requires it. Just wondering what else would be good for growth and to bring out there color more.

I was researching what to feed the fishes later and I come across Tank2379 posting, so it's awesome, I don't have to worry no more :)

Thanks

I feed pretty much what everyone else does. some formula one pellets, frozen brine and mysis. However I didnt notice anyone mentioning spirulina flakes. A lil green in there diet cant hurt ! (Ive had good luck with osi spirulina flakes - and from everything I have read spirulina is very nutritional !)

Spirulinia flakes, Marine Cuizine frozen carnivore preparation, and nori. (the fish eat plenty of cyclopeeze as well, but it is not intended for them).

I know a lot of people make their own home made blender mush this is supposed to be the best because it has a good variety of foods and can be enriched with vitamins. Everyone has their own recipe for it. I'm sure if you search a bit you could find a bunch of good ones and then you just adjust a bit for the kind of fish you have in your tank.

p.s. i believe it also helps to do it your self because then you don't have to worry about all the phosphates that normally come with frozen foods.

I feed my reefs Rod's Food with garlic, Selcon and DT's added. Nori as well for my tangs.

i feed my fish , frozen mysis and brine with garlic and frozen red plankton, ocean nutrition prime reef flakes and oc formula 2 pellet, also twice aweek add some nori.

Whats with Garlic? What does that do?

two things that i know of. The fish love the smell of it (for us non-fish type it will make you gag) and entices them to eat. It will also help boost their immune system. Just good for their overall health as i understand it.

You can also use the garlic juice or oil that`s sold at supermarkets. A little (a few drops) goes a long way. It supposedly stimulates fish to feed and as mentioned above that it`s a boost to their immune system.

Back
Top Bottom