Fish Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well yesturday my dad came up with an idea on fish food, he thought feeding them broccoli would be alright, so he gives the fish alittle broccoli, and they ate the green parts. I was wondering if this will kill the fish???

Some people don't like feeding non-ocean foods to their fish. Others do it without problems. If you do, I'd suggest using organic broccoli, as it shouldn't have any chemicals on it, and I'd still give it a really good rinse under some filtered (RO/DI) water. I personally don't have a problem with it, and my purple tang eats organic baby spinach, organic baby romaine, as well as his dried Nori.

At first I was like, "OK...chowder is good...cute, I dunno about" and then I remembered...lol. Thanks! So much has changed in the tank since then. The torch is HUGE. I should update my photo gallery! I think I'll take pics Wed. Anyways, thanks for the reminder, and I'm always happy to help where I can!

Yea, Im trying to get my xenia back up to health, because b4 I had my alk test kit my alk was very very low, so since Ive added alk the xenia is getting alittle better, its still pumping, but its white tips are going away, and it looks like its regrowing its feathers. Good thing I saved 'im the other colony died though :( But this colony should hopefully make it! :D I also have 2 little babys, and one of them made a new branch or split, I cant tell for sure. But overall the tank is fine, I will need to get rid of a few of my non-reef safe fish, when I get in more corals.

Ahh, my 3 little stalks pictured there have multiplied into about 12. Or more, I can't really count them, and they divide and spread weekly. I see new little creeper feet every few days. I'll post a pic Wed with the rest...if I ever frag them, I'll put them in the Classifieds forum (likely, anyways). I just gave them decent waterflow and they're happy little Xenias.

Back
Top Bottom