fish ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishsticks7

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a 75 gallon tank with no live rock. I have a yellow tang and a porcupine puffer. I originally had a sabae and a percula clownfish but my puffer ate them :( So any ideas for fish? Maybe a clown trigger or a black and white butterfly? Dwarf lion? Will these work together? Or is my puffer gonna eat them all? :?

I think you might find that a porcupine puffer will be aggressive to any fish you put in the tank that is smaller than it. I don't have any experience with a porcupine puffer because their not common in Australia, but I did have dog faced puffer. He was pretty aggressive so he was in a separate predator tank with a lionfish and brown spotted cat shark.

If you had some live rock in there it may help, the smaller fish you put in there to hide. Maybe a blenny or something similar that hides in crevices would be good.

The only other problem is feeding them. They won't be able to come out to get food without a big fish trying to eat them.

the clown trigger will have no problem with the puffer when it growns and might kill the puffer i would go with a smaller trigger , like a picasso trigger i have one with my snow flake moray eel(you might want too try one of them also) and he doesnt bother the eel but im sure it could hold its own agains the puffer.

an eel? i dunno. maybe if i could find a smaller clown trigger he wont go after my puffer. think a heniochus white n black butterfly or a copper band would work? i saw a dwarf/zebra lionfish on liveaquaria.com and i liked that a lot. Im hoping these will work

Back
Top Bottom