Fish killed turbo snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canterthefishman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi. I woke up and I saw my bleeny had moved into a turbo snail shell. And other fish are eating the snail. Is it unhealthy for my fish to be eating the snail? And do you think a fish killed it? If so why. I have one blenny, 1 yellow tang, 1 Seabe clown, and 1 pipefish.
Thanks

it is not unhealthy. That is the natural order of things.

I would recheck your stocking habits, compatibility, and feeding schedule before adding more.

Hi. I woke up and I saw my bleeny had moved into a turbo snail shell. And other fish are eating the snail. Is it unhealthy for my fish to be eating the snail? And do you think a fish killed it? If so why. I have one blenny, 1 yellow tang, 1 Seabe clown, and 1 pipefish.
Thanks

It's unlikely that the fish actually killed the snail, though I've learned never to say never with these things. More likely the snail died for some other reason, and the fish simply cleaned up the mess - as fish are wont to do.

Do you think that the fish pulled the snail out of its shell after the snail died.

Do you think that the fish pulled the snail out of its shell after the snail died.

Certainly possible - definitely more likely then pulling it out before it died.

If I were to guess though, most likely a hermit (if you have any...if not, forget that theory ;p )

Back
Top Bottom