Fish Selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharkMan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was hoping to get a little input on the fish and inverts I want. I looked over the compatability charts and it seems they will go together well. Here's the list.

Yellowhead Jawfish
Purple firefish
Royal Gramma Basslet
Yellow Watchman Goby
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Blood Red Fire Shrimp
Banded Coral Shrimp
Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab
Bulb Anemone

Any advice would be great. Or suggestions on fish or inverts to add, subtract, or substitute. Thanks!

I wouldn't reccomend getting the banded coral shrimp if you're going to be getting any other types of shrimp. They are very aggressive and will kill other shrimp.

How big is your tank? Those are all small fish. You might want to try getting a pistol shrimp to pair up with the yellow watchman. Like CMD26 said, CBS are aggressive. I don't know from experience, but I have not heard many good things about them. They are really awesome looking critters though.

I am trying to get variety through out the tank. I want things on the ground, rock, and in the water. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as some larger fish. my tank is only 45 gallons. Thanks for the input keep it coming. Will a powder blue tang go after the inverts and smaller fish in the tank?

Please don't put a tang in a 45 gallon. They really need room to swim and will suffer for it.

For something a little larger I would reccomend looking at a wrasse of some type or a clownfish. Remember though that bigger fish need bigger tanks. =)

Back
Top Bottom