Fish Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hts0007

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right now i have a 55 gallon tank with plenty of live rock, a few corals, a sailfin tang, a lawnmover blenny, a large snowflake moray, a fiji devil damsel, a fire shrimp and a three stripe damsel. Im looking to add some color since my lyretail anthias just died and my dragon wrasse disappeared (he wasn't colorful just wicked looking). I was going to get a green mandarin but I don't think he would survive on the amount of copepods I have left after my dragon wrasse and i think my tank is a bit too small. That being said, I would love to hear some suggestions for new fish.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I personally think you are at your limit. The sailfin will quickly outgrow your 55. Your missing fish probably got taken out by the snowflake. Your fire shrimp has been lucky to survive this long with the snowflake since their favorite is shrimp. Just to me there just isn't the right combination in there. An upgrade would be very beneficial.

My sailfin is about 5 years old so he's as grown as he's going to get. But I was just as surprised about the fire shrimp. But my snowflake gets fed pretty often and the shrimp has plenty of places to hide.

And trust me I've been trying to upgrade but i just can't seem to get the money together

As said that sailfin will outgrow that tank easy I'm by no means part of the "tang police" as I love tangs and have quite a few myself.

And from memory a sailfin can live 20-30 years so got some growing years left in it yet ;)

Well if he's gonna live that long i need to sell him! Hes a jerk to my snowflake eel!

Really my sailfin is the most laid back tang in my tank it cool how they all have different personalities.

I would of thought the eel would put it in its place

My eel is a coward lol. My tang dominates my entire tank with an iron fin.

Back
Top Bottom